-The guys mull over their upcoming 100th episode celebration.
-Women, memes and the let down that is reality.
-Why Mike is getting sick of people putting their kids on TV.
-New book claims Jackie Kennedy wanted to divorce JFK. How much of a freak was he?
-Fill in the blank: 50 Cent can’t throw a baseball because he _ _ _ _ _ _ bates too much.
SET ONE/De Stijl
1. ) “Hello Operator” – White Stripes
2. ) “Death Letter” – White Stripes
3. ) “Why Can’t You Be Nicer To Me?” – White Stripes
4. ) “Death Letter” – Son House
1. ) “Thick Freakness” – Black Keys
2. ) “Set You Free” – Black Keys
3.) “Have Love Will Travel” – Black Keys
4. ) “Stole My Check” – R.L. Burnside
SET THREE/ White Blood Cells
1. ) “Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground” – White Stripes
2. ) “Fell In Love With A Girl” – White Stripes
3. ) “I Think I Smell A Rat” – White Stripes
4. ) “Me & the Devil Blues” – Robert Johnson
SET FOUR/Rubber Factory
1. ) “When the Lights Go Out” – Black Keys
2. ) “Stack Shot Billy” – Black Keys
3. ) “Rollin Stone” – Muddy Waters
1. ) “Seven Nation Army” – White Stripes
2. ) “The Hardest Button To Button” – White Stripes
3. ) “Girl You Have No faith In Medicine” – White Stripes
4. ) “The Crunge” – Led Zeppelin
SET SEVEN/Broken Boy Soldiers
1. ) “Steady As She Goes” – Raconteurs
2. ) “Broken Boy Soldiers” – Raconteurs
1. ) “Have Mercy On Me” – Black Keys
2. ) “El Camino” – Super Chikan
1. ) “Hustle & Cuss” – Dead Weather
2. ) “Lazaretto” – Jack White
-Detroit’s Robocop day, massive disappointment.
-Anti-gay group shows them all by protesting Harvey Milk postage stamp.
-Teacher forgets to hang up phone, insults mother’s precious snowflake.
-If Apple told the Huffington Post to jump off a bridge, would they? Of course they would.
Johnny B returns after almost a month away!!
In studio guest, Delina!
Just to start off here are ALL the winners from The 2014 “Tiny” Awards
Tonights TINY Award Winners:
Best Cover Band – TREYNREK
Best Tribute Band – SINS OF A MADMAN
Best Under 21 Band – THE PORCELAIN DOLL COLLECTION
Hard Edge Radio Top Metal Band – THE WORST OF
Amber Ruehle Rookie of the Year – OMINOUS PRESENCE
Best Song – ‘LOVE ME SOBER’ – THE PORCELAIN DOLL COLLECTION
Fall From Disgrace Most Fun Band – MEET ME AT THE SKYLINE
Best Live Performance – HARLOW
Best CD – ‘HATEWATER’ – UNDERLAND
Best Dual Guitar Attack – JOE BIERINGER & CJ ORGECK – DEAD SKY
Lawrence Wilson Top Drummer – TYLER EMOND – OMINOUS PRESENCE
Wolf Top Bassist – CHRIS LUCAS – UNDERLAND
Sean Baker Top Guitarist – JOSE MARTINEZ – AFTER THE TIDE
Jason Cross Memorial Top Vocalist – WILL MAY – BROKEN DAY MACHINE
Best Band – BROKEN DAY MACHINE
Other Mike Parsons Top Comeback – KOYL
Plankman Unsung Hero – SOLDIER’S LAST BREATH
Olin Ezra Heart of Detroit MVP – HOWIE HERULA
Tim Cook Sr. Most Giving Bands- UNDERLAND/SOLDIER’S LAST BREATH
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way I would just like to take a moment to acknowledge YOU our GREAT listeners. Whether I’m in Jackson at The Foundry, Flint at The Machine Shop, Chesterfield at The Diesel or home at Rockys in Riverview you people BLOW MY MIND! How much you love our show & some of you(BEKI) the lengths you’ll go to just to listen to our little program blows me away. How did this happen? On a night like tonight where there was SO much craziness going on in studio & in The Russell it just really is heart warming to know how many of you care & take time out of you’re Sunday night to check us out. So many of you tell us I love this about you’re show or I love that or remember when you said this it’s just insane. I never thought I’d have this opportunity, let alone have this with my best friend. It is truly our honor & pleasure to entertain you guys every Sunday night. As for ALL the winners I say congrats on you’re award. Find a nice place on the mantel for it and enjoy. This was a lot of fun. Thank you ALL for being a part of it tonight.
P.S. The place is haunted & there was a bat!
Ladies & Gentlemen lets go to the tape!