DJ Do$ Lopez – No Worries Disney Mix featuring Emma Islands
1.What type of music? My style is Indie singer songwriter/americana/folk…I gues
it depends on my mood
2. What type of music? I started singing
when I was 6 or 7. I started playing guitar shortly before I
turned 10 and started writing songs not too long after.
3. Why did you decide to start it? My love of music and my need to write is
what got me going. I decided to play the guitar so I
didn’t have to rely on other people or backing tracks to
4. Are you a solo Artist or part of group? Majority of the time I play
solo although I have played with a band for a few gigs and
in the studio.
5. I have collaborated with
a bunch of talented musicians! John Nash(Electric Six), Jay
Gonzalez(Drive-By Truckers), Todd Glass(Muggs), Alex
Lyon(Whitey Morgan and the 78’s), and one of my favorite
people in the world George Friend(Laura Rain and the
6. What name do you go by? How did you come up with it? I go by Emma Islands, although I
have played a few gigs as Emma Islands and the Castaways.
7. Where do you play? I have played the Michigan State Fair,
Detroit Grand Prix etc. But I’d consider my home base
the Dovetail in Warren. I’ve played a couple solo shows
there and I plan on doing my CD release party there in the
near future. It is such a great place and so many talented
musicians go through there.
8. When are your upcoming shows? I have not
scheduled any shows as of right now because I am leaving for
Interlochen Arts Camp on June 27 and I wont be back until
July 18th. I am singing the National Anthem at the Clinton
Township Gratiot Cruise on August 2nd. It will be my 4th
year kicking off the cruise. Check out my Facebook page or
my ReverbNation page for all news regarding upcoming shows